Two Days that Rocked the World: Elton John Live at Dodger Stadium - Photographs by Terry O' NeillTerry O'Neill
On October 25 and 26, 1975, Elton John - the world's biggest pop star - performed two sold-out shows in California's Dodger Stadium. It would be the largest rock concert of its time and the first time a music act performed at the ballpark since The Beatles in 1966. In 1975, Elton John released Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, the first ever album to debut straight at number one on the Billboard charts. A few days before the concert, he'd release another number one album, Rock of the Westies. His fame was at an all-time high and Elton John was well-known for his outlandish live performances. The biggest rock star in the world was going to stage two nights in one of America's most beloved and famous venues. This was sure to become a significant note in the history of 20th-century music.
Photographer Terry O'Neill, by then already known as a world class photographer whose images of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and David Bowie were considered iconic, was on-hand to capture every moment. O'Neill was given unprecedented access to document this incredible occasion and now, for the first time in book form, these photos - many of which have never been seen before - celebrate two milestone days in music history.
- Size: 290 mm x 227 mm
- Pages: 144
- Illustrations: 15 colour, 83 b&w
- New Title
- In 1975, Elton John performed two career-defining shows, to a combined audience of 110,000 people, in California's Dodger Stadium; he was the first star to perform there since The Beatles in August 1966. The shows supported Elton's phenomenal Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy - the first ever album to debut at number one in the Billboard charts
- Photographer Terry O'Neill was on-hand to capture every moment. O'Neill was given unprecedented access to document this incredible occasion and now, for the first time in book form, these photos - many of which have never been seen before - celebrate two milestone days in music history
We are also pleased to offer an excellent bundle deal that includes this book and the excellent Elton John (Roy Rogers) print.
- 18 x 24"
- Signed & numbered by artist
- Edition of 80
- 5 Colour screen print
- Exclusive to The Flood Gallery