Publication date: 8th July 2021
BY (AUTHOR) JANET MACOSKA
- Bruce Springsteen, legendary rock ’n’ roll star, live on stage!
- Photos by Janet Macoska, whose work has appeared in Rolling Stone, Creem, Mojo, NY Times and at The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Springsteen and the E Street Band in glorious black and white and colour photos, including iconic, rare, unseen and contact sheets
- Photographs cover multiple performances over five decades
- FLOOD GALLERY EXCLUSIVE - with every purchase comes a Bruce Springsteen 8 x 8" art print, designed by Joshua Budich.
Please note the print image is not contained within the book.
Dimensions: 300 x 240mm
Five decades of blue-jeans, down-to-earth rock ‘n’ roll. Five decades of poetic, authentic performances, political commentary, global tours and even a Broadway show. Bruce Springsteen hasn’t just left an impact on the surface of modern music, he helped shape its foundations.
From the early beginnings in 1974 to the seminal Born in the USA – one of the best-selling albums of all time – to the 2016 River Tour, the highest grossing tour of the year, Springsteen has a truly timeless appeal, captured here by lauded rock photographer, Janet Macoska. Macoska charts Springsteen through the ages. Through her lens we witness his enduring energy on the stage, from 1974 to 2016. Here is Springsteen at his finest: a down-to-earth superstar, whose powerful performances stand the test of time.
"Bruce would rip his heart out and give it to his audience. He put everything into his performance. He was all over the stage, and the whole rest of the band was in lockstep, complimenting that energy. It was going out to the audience in bundles. We were sending it back , too, and that’s really electric. That energy, those visuals? Photographers love that. It’s perfect to have something like that to photograph." - Janet Macoska